First thing this morning after all my amicas arrived we took the masking tape off our canvas paintings from the day before....they looked great! Wow! I think they were all really excited AND it was so neat to see them really take an interest in each other's work!
We briefly touched on the last two forms of art....jewelry making and pottery. So by the end of the week dabbled in four different forms of art using lots of different types of media!
We did two crafts today and broke into groups again to complete the crafts. While two groups were working on one craft, the other two groups were working on the second craft and then they flipped. One craft was making bracelets out of popsicle sticks. This one required work on my part last night, prepping the sticks into a bracelet shape....it looks easier than it is to do. While the overall task was not hard, finding small enough glasses to bend the sticks into (without breaking) was a bit more challenging. Nonetheless, my amicas were happy to see them bent and if they did not fit, they were thinking of other ways to use them! Creative thinking...love it!
The second craft was them putting their creative touches on a plain white mug. While we did not have time to do a true pottery lesson this week (nor did I have the equipment) we jumped right to the finished product. The girls used permanent markers and then we "baked" the mugs for 30 minutes. Their creativity will live on, as long as the mugs are always hand washed!
The girls had more down time today to play outside (though this was cut short due to the heat) and they also had their last question of the day. It was fun to see the older girls helping the younger girls with their journals today....I love seeing my amicas helping one another!
We did not do a Story of the Day with story cubes today; however, our Art Show was our story...our story of our three days together!!! To say the girls were excited for their parents to come is an understatement!
Watercolors made with corn syrup and food coloring
Photography with wide angle
Canvas paintings
Photography Front of an Object
Photography with a zoom
Self portraits
Photography showing movement
Photography of an object from the back
Photography from above, eye level and below an object
Our mugs
more watercolors
I had an AMAZING week and I can't thank my amicas enough for allowing me to be a part of your summer. I loved seeing all the creativity and imaginations at work. I can truly say, I saw the Artist in all my Amicas!
I have one more session this summer in August, so for the next week I will have some down time to catch up on my creativity....I wish! I think the only thing I will be catching up on is my laundry!
See you in two weeks Amicas!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment