Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rocked Till the End!

We ended camp on a great note!!!

We finished up our last three genres today....Reggae, Jazz and Soundtracks (I had no idea this was actually a genre!).

To start off the morning we played a fun game.  I played music from ten different movies and they had to write down the name of the movie.  We listened to songs from The Lion King, Shrek, Cars, Monsters Inc, Hotel for Dogs, Up, Wizard of Oz, Annie, Sound of Music, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I loved watching my amicas during this game...opinions of the movies came out too!

I also asked them off all the genres we have explored this week to tell me what NEW one they had not listened to before did they really enjoy.  The results were 1 for R&B, 2 for Blues, 6 for Reggae and 1 for Country.

After the game my amicas broke into their groups to explore their genre for the day.

My Reggae group liked Bob Marley the best!  And they introduced Peter Tosh to the group.  They even had a little dance to go along with the song....they really got into the feel of the music!

My Jazz group liked Miles Davis the best!  And they introduced us to Frank Sinatra.

And lastly, my Soundtracks group liked Grease the best!  And they introduced us to the soundtrack for Brother Bear....this is actually one movie only TWO girls in the group have seen!!!  Looks like we will all be wanting to watch a new movie.

After groups we turned on the Greatest Hits Station and painted on canvas.  The girls were able to paint anything they wanted while they listened to their favorite genre...POP!  We had rainbows, splatter paint, peace signs, fish, zig zags, hearts and words.  I loved seeing all their personalities come out!

My amicas also put the finishing touches on their necklaces!!!  They are so cute!!!

Then lunch time was here!  Which always happens to fast!!!  After lunch I gave the girls a special treat to end camp....an ice cream bon bon...OMG!  So yummy!!!!

Camp came and went this summer.  This is the FIRST summer this has happened to me!!!  I truly enjoyed every amica and I love watching their personalities blossom each year!!!  I can't wait till Camp Amica 2014.......

I wish every one of my amica a fun filled school year!!!

Until next summer.....

Arrivederci!

group 2

group 3

group 1

group 1 dancing to Bob Marley....one member was laughing thinking these amicas were crazy!


note how clean her face is here!!











LOVE my daughter's...she did this ALL BY HERSELF...take that RETT!!!!



splatter painting


And the results of splatter painting for the FIRST time!!!


If you look closely you can see their new necklaces!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment